Green Building Community

Armstrong vinyl plank flooring

Steven_Spicer MA, United States 0 Ratings 0 Discussions 0 Group posts

Posted by: Steven_Spicer

I looked on the site to see if I could find any reviews for floor paneling or tiling manufacturers offering a reasonable level of effort to create sustainable products for the cost and environmentally concerned customer =)

I was/am happy to say that I believe I found that manufacturer in Armstrong's Vinyl Plank Flooring. Offering flooring options which are composed of recycled and smart sourced wood was reassuring as was seeing that the manufacturer hold's themselves to the same expectations with a LEED platinum rated headquarters for the North American Production.

Feel free to view their page here. http://www.armstrong.com/flooring/armstrong-flooring-sustainability.html

My question however, is how closely is the production measured/tested? Is there a universal certification offered?

Please be kind and respectful!

Please make sure to be respectful of the organizations and companies, and other Rate It Green members that make up our community. We welcome praise and advice and even criticism but all posted content and ratings should be constructive in nature. For guidance on what constitutes suitable content on the Rate It Green site, please refer to the User Agreement and Site Rules.

The opinions, comments, ratings and all content posted by member on the Rate It Green website are the comments and opinions of the individual members who posts them only and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies or policies of Rate It Green. Rate It Green Team Members will monitor posted content for unsuitable content, but we also ask for the participation of community members in helping to keep the site a comfortable and open public forum of ideas. Please email all questions and concerns to admin@rateitgreen.com