Events

Webinar: A Roadmap to Holistic Building Decarbonization, July 30, 1pm EDT

• 30 July 2020
  • Start time : 01:00 PM
  • End time : 02:30 PM
A Roadmap to Holistic Building Decarbonization
Event Description

For years, the holy grail for buildings sustainability has been to reach the goal of Net Zero Energy and Net Zero Carbon (with similar goals for water, waste, and health). With the latest codes cycle updates, the shift to LEED v4.1, and the movement across the country towards grid decarbonization, we are as close as ever to the possibility of reaching that goal. However, the closer we get, the more expansive and nuanced the issue becomes. Does the time of use of when I use energy matter? Does adding more solar help if I’m in a grid region that has to curtail it? Can I call myself Zero Carbon if I use gas or if my building requires people to drive combustion vehicles to get there? How important are embodied carbon and refrigerant emissions relative to energy-related emissions? Is procuring offsite renewable energy just as good as making it onsite? What barriers exist that may prevent or make it difficult to do all of this? This session will examine the intricacies of reaching a comprehensive definition of Zero Energy and Carbon, show how LEED Zero supports this definition, and the highlight the new frontier of removing carbon from the built environment.

GBCI Credit: 1.0 CE hours 

AIA Credit: 1.0 LU

Basic level (Note: This workshop is for those already familiar and experienced with LEED. Focus is on using LEED to achieving carbon neutrality.)

• Event type
    • Online/Webinar

Reply/Leave a Comment (You must be logged in to leave a comment)

Not a Member Yet? Register and Join the Community | Log in

Please be kind and respectful!
Every organization and everyone can submit to Rate It Green's green building calendar! Simply click register, verify your email address, and create a username and password. You can then decide if you'd like to engage more fully as a community member, but you'll be able to post events.

Please make sure to be respectful of the organizations and companies, and other Rate It Green members that make up our community. We welcome praise and advice and even criticism but all posted content and ratings should be constructive in nature. For guidance on what constitutes suitable content on the Rate It Green site, please refer to the User Agreement and Site Rules.

The opinions, comments, ratings and all content posted by member on the Rate It Green website are the comments and opinions of the individual members who posts them only and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies or policies of Rate It Green. Rate It Green Team Members will monitor posted content for unsuitable content, but we also ask for the participation of community members in helping to keep the site a comfortable and open public forum of ideas. Please email all questions and concerns to admin@rateitgreen.com