- Government Agencies and Initiatives
- Information and Resources
- Other Green Building
- Sustainable Communities and Developments
- Related Industries - Products
- Related Industries - Services
10189 McDonald Park Rd. Sidney British Columbia V8L 5X5
Bamboo Plywood, Panels and Veneers
Categories: Wood Veneer
Description: Solid bamboo panels, plywood and veneers in multiple sizes and thicknesses. Horizontal or Vertail Grain patterns.
Environmental Characteristics: Being the fastest growing plant on earth, Bamboo does not require replanting. New growth occurs from the existing root structure which also helps prevent soil erosion. Bamboo yields up to twenty times more material than wood, with a single root structure producing nearly 200 poles in the time it takes one hardwood tree to reach maturity.
- IEQ Credit 4 - Low-Emitting Materials
- MR Credit 6 - Rapidly Renewable Materials
West Wind Hardwood, Inc.
Address: P.O. Box 2205, Sidney, BC V8L 3S8, Canada