Green Building Community

Deregulation of the Utility Companies

Steven Fitzgerald MA, United States 0 Ratings 1 Discussions 0 Group posts

Posted by: Steven Fitzgerald // Student/Consultant

I am looking for any information or opinions about the deregulation of the utility companies. I have noticed that because of the recent articles of the rate hike of national grid that there is more talk about using different service providers.
What different service providers are there, I have done a little research and found several companies wanting to sign people up to change their providers but none of them can give me any information about how they will be able to give me a better rate and provide me the service I need. It seems these people are just sales people and not energy provider

Hill Energy Services LLC Needham, MA, united-states 0 Ratings 0 Discussions 0 Group posts

Hill Energy Services LLC // Energy Management Guru

Steven, I don't know how much information you've gathered since you posted this in November. It's a confusing subject, especially for small customers. There's a fair about of garbage and greenwashing out there. I happen to be helping with a program my local community group (Green Needham Collaborative, www.GreenNeedham.org)is hosting in Needham MA on March 2. I'd be happy to give you more info offline.
My short answer would be to check out Mass Energy, which has a very good program focused on developing local renewable energy resources, www.MassEnergy.org
- Nick

Allison Friedman Weston, MA, united-states 0 Ratings 101 Discussions 131 Group posts

Allison Friedman // Rate It Green Admin

Nick - Thanks for replying to Steven, and also the information about this event. Would you like me to post this as an event in the Massachusetts Green Builders Group on Rate It Green? http://www.rateitgreen.com/green-building-community/groups/boston-green-builders/2 Thanks. - Allison

On: 02/18/2015 Hill Energy Services LLC wrote:

Steven, I don't know how much information you've gathered since you posted this in November. It's a confusing subject, especially for small customers. There's a fair about of garbage and greenwashing out there. I happen to be helping with a program m…

Please be kind and respectful!

Please make sure to be respectful of the organizations and companies, and other Rate It Green members that make up our community. We welcome praise and advice and even criticism but all posted content and ratings should be constructive in nature. For guidance on what constitutes suitable content on the Rate It Green site, please refer to the User Agreement and Site Rules.

The opinions, comments, ratings and all content posted by member on the Rate It Green website are the comments and opinions of the individual members who posts them only and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies or policies of Rate It Green. Rate It Green Team Members will monitor posted content for unsuitable content, but we also ask for the participation of community members in helping to keep the site a comfortable and open public forum of ideas. Please email all questions and concerns to admin@rateitgreen.com