Green Building Community

New Ecofriendly Residence Design of the Future?

Steven_Spicer MA, United States 0 Ratings 0 Discussions 0 Group posts

Posted by: Steven_Spicer

I’ve been silent on the forums lately but stumbled upon this article the other day and had to share it. Is this the future home standard, as green-building takes the main stage?
Link to full article here: http://www.greenovateboston.org/boston_e_green_building_receives_a_2015_aia_environmental_award

The prototype townhouses stand in Roxbury at 226 Highland Street. Built by Boston’s E+ Green Building the homes feature spacious living areas, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. The design followed a pilot initiation to entice and develop energy positive green building in the greater Boston area. The American Institute of Architects (AIA) listed the prototype as one of the Top Ten Green Projects* following a national assessment by the Institute’s Committee on the Environment (COTE).
It is great to see this kind of innovation coming from the city I’m from! I am excited to see the continued growth and evolution of the green building industry, are you?

*A national distinction awarded annually to the top ten examples of sustainable architecture and ecological design that protect and enhance surrounding environments.

Allison Friedman Weston, MA, united-states 0 Ratings 101 Discussions 131 Group posts

Allison Friedman // Rate It Green Admin

Nice post, Steven, and congratulations to the E+ Program. I hope to be able to see the townhouses sometime soon. COTE Top 10 is a big deal - maybe we will post this in the MA Green Builders Group, too as some local news.

Please be kind and respectful!

Please make sure to be respectful of the organizations and companies, and other Rate It Green members that make up our community. We welcome praise and advice and even criticism but all posted content and ratings should be constructive in nature. For guidance on what constitutes suitable content on the Rate It Green site, please refer to the User Agreement and Site Rules.

The opinions, comments, ratings and all content posted by member on the Rate It Green website are the comments and opinions of the individual members who posts them only and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies or policies of Rate It Green. Rate It Green Team Members will monitor posted content for unsuitable content, but we also ask for the participation of community members in helping to keep the site a comfortable and open public forum of ideas. Please email all questions and concerns to admin@rateitgreen.com